City of Charlevoix 2021 Master Plan Update
The City of Charlevoix's Planning and Zoning department and Planning Commission are working with community stakeholders to create the 2021 Master Plan update. Be sure to pay attention to City of Charlevoix social media accounts, news alerts, newsletters, and Planning Commission public agendas for more information on the master plan process and how you can be a part of it!
Why Update the Master Plan?
The City of Charlevoix Master Plan is updated for a variety of reasons. State law requires master plans be reviewed every five years with determination of whether to amend the master plan or create a new one. Having a comprehensive master plan can be a required component in some state-wide programs, such as the Redevelopment Ready Communities program. But most importantly, our Master Plan is updated to be responsive to the community's vision for Charlevoix.
When will the Master Plan Update Occur?
The master plan update will occur monthly throughout 2021. To see the review of the old master plan and new updates in action, please join us in our monthly Planning Commission meetings. The Planning Commission meets the second Monday of every month at 6pm in City Council Chambers. Agenda packets can be found here.
How You Can Help:
Community Engagement Session
A community engagement session will be scheduled to gain feedback and understanding of the community's perception of current development and land use trends in Charlevoix, as well as gaining insight toward desired improvements and services.
This event will be scheduled soon, so please stay tuned!
Master Plan Community Survey
A survey supplements our Master Plan update efforts. While we are looking to get a physical survey out to you in the mail, we also have a digital survey available for your convenience. Those who are able to are encouraged to take the Master Plan Community Survey. By fully completing the survey, you are helping to add your voice to the goals, strategies, and direction that guides the City of Charlevoix.
THE MASTER PLAN COMMUNITY SURVEY IS LIVE!
To Take the Master Plan Community Online Survey, please click here, or enter the link below:
A solid master plan will reflect the goals and vision community it plans for. We would like to take it a step further and actually include our community in the plan! Photos that would be appreciate include:
- Families enjoying recreation events or parks
- Landscapes of our natural features
- Vibrant downtown photos
- Outside photos of housing, including single family, duplex, triplexes, fourplexes, apartments/condos
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Any other creative or artistic photos that capture our community
Please send photo submissions to our planner, Jennifer Neal at email@example.com with the subject "Photo Submission for Master Plan"
We cannot guarantee all photos submitted will be used.
- Title Page, Acknowledgements, and Resolution Adopted December 19, 2016 (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2: Community Profile (PDF)
- Existing Land Uses - North Side (PDF)
- Existing Land Uses - South Side (PDF)
- Vacant Land - Potential for Infill Development - North Side (PDF)
- Vacant Land - Potential for Infill Development - South Side (PDF)
- Chapter 3: Community Vision and Goals (PDF)
- Chapter 4: Charlevoix Tomorrow (PDF)
- Future Land Uses - North Side (PDF)
- Future Land Uses - South Side (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- Chapter 5: Implementation (PDF)
- Street Map 2010 (PDF)
- A. 2009 Community Survey and Results (PDF)
- B. Student Survey Results (PDF)
- C. Tip of the Mitt Ordinance Gaps (PDF)
- D. 2006 Plan Revision - Goals, Objectives, and Policies (PDF)
- E. 2004 Regional Smart Growth Land Use Planning Initiative Summary (PDF)
- F. Form Based Code Information (PDF)
- G. Smart Growth Information (PDF)
- H. Economic Development Strategy (PDF)
- I. Downtown Marketing Assessment (PDF)