Charlevoix Police Department provides 24-hour coverage of police officers to respond to your emergencies. We offer road patrol year round as well as foot patrol in the downtown area during summer months. Our department is located at City Hall, 210 State Street in Charlevoix, and our non-emergency phone number is 231-547-3258. Our jurisdiction is encompassed by the city limits, which includes the airport, three beaches, city marina, city operated golf course, industrial park, downtown Charlevoix, and residential areas. We handle a variety of calls ranging from property damage accidents, domestic violence, and disorderly persons, to local ordinance and nuisance complaints. All officers are certified and have up to date training.
We also offer the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program to students at the Charlevoix Middle School and St. Mary School.
OFFICERS & CONTACTS
Gerard Doan, Chief | firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Hankins, Deputy Chief | email@example.com
Pete Shrift, Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org
James Schlappi, Officer | email@example.com
Matt Umulis, Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Traeger, Officer | email@example.com
Barbara Orban, Officer| firstname.lastname@example.org
- To contact us, please call 231-547-3258 weekdays 8AM-5PM, we are closed from 12 noon-1PM for lunch.
- If it is an emergency or you need an officer dispatched, please call 911 to reach our central dispatch at any time.
- Car accidents that occur on private property must be reported within 24 hours, or a report will not be made.
- Please contact Charlevoix County Animal Control at 231-582-6667 for any animal complaint. We do not have a shelter or means to provide for stray animals at the station, but you may drive the animal to the Boyne City animal shelter at any time.
- No skateboarding or bicycles will be allowed on the sidewalks or downtown area, feel free to use our recreational skate park on W. Carpenter Street for this purpose.
- It is prohibited to jump into or swim in the channel. Bridge jumping/diving is not allowed.
- All Prisoners are housed at the Charlevoix County jail, please contact them at 231-547-4461 for inmate information.
- Please contact us during business hours to report any lost/found items.
- Call the City Police Department for drug tips and leads at (231)547-3258 or email email@example.com.
- Parking meters are operating mid May - mid October. Meter fines are now $10.00.
- Boat launch permits are available for residents $15/year, and non-residents $30/year, or daily passes are available for residents at $5 and non-residents $8.
- WE DO NOT OFFER DAILY PRELIMINARY BREATH TESTS, YOU MAY CONTACT CHARLEVOIX SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT AT 231-547-4461 FOR TESTING TIMES
- Requests for copy of police reports require a Freedom of Information Act form to be completed. You may pick a form up at our office, fees for reports are $2.00 for the first page, $0.50 per page after that, with a maximum of $15.00.
In 1997 the Charlevoix City Police Department joined with 13 other police agencies in the counties of Charlevoix, Cheboygan, and Emmet.
A regional Central Dispatch Center was formed, to better serve the needs of Northern Michigan.
All emergency services are dispatched from the CCE facility in Emmet County. This includes Police, Fire, and Ambulance service.
To contact an officer 24 hours a day just dial 911.
Unlike other systems, 911 is also used as a NON-EMERGENCY number. There is ample staff to handle all emergency and non-emergency calls to 911 . Please use this number to contact our officers for any reason, at anytime throughout the day and night.
If you are calling from out of the area please call
the CCE Administrative number : (231) 439-3300
ROADS & WEATHER
We do not provide area weather forecasts ourselves. In Northern Michigan, that would be a full time job. However here are some links to places that will give you up to the minute Northern Michigan Weather.
SNOWMOBILE LAWS AND ROUTE MAP
- Click here for the snowmobile route map.
- Click here for the City laws pertaining to snowmobile use.