LIVE, WORK AND PLAY IN CHARLEVOIX!
The City of Charlevoix, also known as Charlevoix the Beautiful, has something for everyone! The City borders picturesque Round Lake, Lake Michigan, and Lake Charlevoix and has four beautiful public beaches, an award winning park and marina with a performance pavilion and interactive fountain in the center of downtown, art fairs, festivals, farmers markets, movies in the park, music in the park, a historic 9 hole golf course, Mt. McSauba ski hill and summer day camp, boating, kayaking, sailing, our very own airport, hiking and biking trails, disc golf course, tennis, beach volleyball, ball fields, skateboard park, snow skiing, snowboarding, sledding, skating, and snow shoeing. All of these wonderful places and activities are simply a part of the Charlevoix lifestyle!
The City of Charlevoix is seeking service-oriented professionals to join our team! We believe in open communication, professionalism, teamwork, and hiring the right person for every position – whether it’s a regular full-time or part-time position, or one of our summer or winter seasonal positions. If you want to be part of the team that represents the City of Charlevoix, take a look at our employment opportunities.
The City of Charlevoix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EMPLOYMENT AND RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
- All regular full-time employees are required to reside within twenty miles of the nearest boundary of the city.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen years old unless otherwise stated in the job description.
- All City positions require passing a background check.
- Seasonal employees who work between the dates of April 13 and October 11 no longer qualify for unemployment benefits.
PART-TIME POSITION POSTINGS
The City of Charlevoix is seeking a part time Recreation Assistant to assist the director with the management of a comprehensive program of recreational activities for children, students, and adults of all ages. This position will assist with the development of public relations and information tools (Facebook, Twitter, web page, news releases, facility schedules, and marketing bulletins) that will inform the public of usage, programs, and upcoming activities. Preparation and management of grant applications and grant awards. Other duties include, management of recreation software, daily recreation office coverage, registering participants, responding to phone inquiries, preparing facilities for events, and promoting and ensuring safety for all participants. This position is a part-time position (25 hours a week); $10 - $13/hour. This position is open until filled. Please click here to review the job description.
How to Apply:
- Open Employment Application with Background Investigation Authorization Form
- Before completing, save the form to your desktop (If you complete without saving document first, your information will not be saved)
- Complete, print, sign and scan both forms
- Email the Employment Application and Background Investigation Authorization Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. (The Background Investigation Authorization form is separated from the application at time of receipt and at no time is age related data released to the decision makers)
If you do not wish to send by email, you may:
- Mail or drop off at City Hall, 210 State St., Charlevoix, MI, 49720
- Fax documents to Patty DeRosia @ (231) 547-3617
The City of Charlevoix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Patty DeRosia, Human Resources Assistant (231) 547-3254
Michigan W-4 form
Federal W4 form
CWA 2015-2018 Contract
POLC 2014-17 Contract