Perfect Job Opportunity for Students! Charlevoix Main Street DDA is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA member to assist with economic revitalization efforts in Downtown Charlevoix. Benefits include:
• Annual living allowance of $12,456
• Education Award of $6,195 or $1800 end-of-service Cash Stipend Award
• Access to AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefits Plan + Free Video Counseling
• Travel Expense Reimbursement
• Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
• Qualified student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment
• Childcare benefits (if eligible)
*This position requires a one year commitment.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about serving all members of the Charlevoix community. Experience working with computers & social media required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial. Prior experience in grant writing a plus. Must be a self-starter but also excel working in a team environment.
All AmeriCorps members must:
• Be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent U.S. resident,
• Be at least 18 years of age (there is no upper age limit!),
• Commit to serving their full term,
• Possess an education or life-skills that will help you be successful in your placement, and
• Have a passion for giving back!
To apply, please submit an application no later than July 6, 2020 by visiting: http://cedamichigan.org/americorps/now-hiring/
If you would like to discuss this position, please call Lindsey Dotson at (231) 547-3257.