Chamber of Commerce
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce exists to serve its members. It acts as an energizing and vitalizing force in the greater Charlevoix community. The Chamber strives to unite individuals, retail, and industrial business for the promotion of commerce and betterment of the community. Led by a 9-member board of directors, the chamber's daily operations are managed by an executive director and professional staff of two. The Chamber is a non-profit organization with nearly 500 business and individual members, and growing strong.
The Chamber provides a community resource where residents, visitors, and those considering relocating here will discover a wealth of information about the area. A good way for your voice to be heard is to be active in the Chamber. If you have an interest in joining any of the following committees, please feel free to contact the Chamber.
A good way for your voice to be heard is to be active in the Chamber. If you have an interest in joining any of the following committees, please feel free to contact us.
Business Assistance Team
- Purpose: To create and implement innovative programs designed to stimulate and support entrepreneurship.
Events & Functions
- Purpose: To provide guidance and assistance to the many Chamber events including, but not limited to:
- Apple Fest
- Car Raffle
- Charlevoix Art and Craft Show,
- Farmer's Market
- Chamber Golf Outing
- Summer Solstice Art Show
- Taste of Charlevoix
- Purpose: Specifics to be determined
- Purpose: To effectively promote membership to the Chamber to new and prospective members, while encouraging current members to maximize their membership. Ambassador members are volunteer liaisons between members and the Chamber staff, and will achieve this mission through attending Chamber events, Ambassadors meetings, and having awareness about Chamber events/programs to share with other members.
- Purpose: Coordinates activities, events, and promotions to benefit the retail community of Charlevoix. This involves, but is not limited to, promotion of Downtown Summer Sidewalk Sales, Merchants Christmas Open House, Indoor Sidewalk Sales, and various advertising promotions and other special events such as the Easter Egg Hunt
- Purpose: To establish and award a scholarship to a Charlevoix Graduate.